The SMEC PIGPROS is designed for swine stakeholders whom would benefit from on-farm and in the field training opportunities. The course is based in the field with the purpose of building practical experience at the pig, producer, and client level. The PIGPROS program provides training opportunities to assist in the development and advance the knowledge of individuals without extensive experiences in modern, dynamic, large scale, commercial pig production systems.
- Participants will be competent in current pig production practices, challenges, opportunities, and regulations that are shaping the industry
- Participants will have a general knowledge of the day to day activities occurring in the various phases of the pork production chain, including: boar studs, breeding farms, nurseries, finishers, and wean-to-finish farms
- Participants will be able to analyze and evaluate how veterinarians, production personnel, and herdsmen function within a modern dynamic pork production system
- Participants will learn the principles of biosecurity, record keeping, animal movement, heat detection, breeding, housing, feeding, vaccinations, and individual and population based clinical assessment
- Swine Stakeholders - $3,200